1. Personal information about visitors can only be collected when it is knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect personal information from you in order to provide you with more detail about our services, to forward your information to relevant individuals or process an application. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in the Republic of South Africa.
Use of Information
Choosing not to provide information
3. It is entirely within your discretion whether you want to provide us with your personal information. Should you choose not to provide your personal information, please note that we may not be able to assist you without certain information. We will clearly mark the appropriate fields if we require personal information in order to assist you. Please note that should you decide not to share this information with us, we may not be able to assist you. In circumstances where personal information is necessary and you decide not to share it with us, we cannot be held responsible for not providing assistance.
Collecting information on applicants or attendees
5. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
6. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
7. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
8. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
9. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
10. Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies and Applets
Access to Information
12. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
13. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
14. We provide links to Websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party Websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions